Welcome to EndocrinologyNepal

Endocrinology is a branch of internal medicine which deals with disorders related to hormonal imbalance. It includes not only diabetes and thyroid disorders but also deals with various diseases like hypogonadism, erectile dysfunction, infertility, hirsutism, gynecomastia, PCOS, pubertal disorders, obesity, short stature, tall stature, pituitary disorders, Cushing's syndrome, Pheochromocytoma, parathyroid disorders and metabolic bone diseases.

Endocrinology भनेको हर्मोन को गडबडीबाट हुने रोग सम्बन्धि क्षेत्र हो I हर्मोनको गडबडीका कारण निम्न समस्याहरु हुन सक्छन :
१. मधुमेह (Diabetes)
२. सुगर कम हुने रोग (Hypoglycemia)
३. थाईराइद रोग (Thyroid disorders)
४. महिनाबारीमा गडबड र निसन्तान (Infertility)
५. महिलाहरुको शरीरमा धेरै रौँ उम्रने (Hirsutism)
६. स्तनबाट दुध चुहिने (Galactorrhea)
७. पुरुषहरुमा स्तन बढ्ने (Gynaecomastia)
८. शरीरको उच्चाई नबढी पुड्को हुने (Short stature) वा धेरै अग्लो हुने (Tall Stature)
९. लिङ्ग वा अन्दकोश सानो हुने (Hypogonadism)
१०. यौन इच्छामा कमि आउने वा सम्भोग गर्न गार्हो हुने (Erectile Dysfunction)
११. यौबन अवस्था चांडो देखिने (Precocious puberty) वा ढिलो गरि देखिने (Delayed puberty)
१२. हड्डी बारम्बार टुट्ने , हड्डी बंगिने (Rickets), हड्डी सुन्निन्ने वा हड्डी खिइने (Osteoporosis)
१३. शरीरको मोटोपना बढ्ने(Obesity)
१४. बारम्बार मिर्गौलाको पत्थरी हुने(Kidney stones)
१५. सानो उमेरमा नै रक्तचाप बढ्ने वा रक्तचाप अचानक बढेर टाउको दुख्ने , बान्ता हुने र पसिना आउने
१६. लिङ्ग निर्धारण गर्न गार्हो हुने (Disorders of sexual development)

About Dr Ansu Mali Joshi

My photo
Kathmandu, Nepal
I am an endocrinologist, practising at Kathmandu, Nepal. I did my DM Endocrinology from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical sciences, New Delhi in 2011. DM Endocrinology is a 3 year superspecialized degree which is done after doing 3 years of MD Internal Medicine. Currently I work at KATHMANDU DIABETES & THYROID CENTER PVT LTD (01-5521969).

Friday, March 30, 2012

डाक्टर साब , म खानपिनमा ध्यान दिन्छु , औसधि खान्न I

You need to install nepali font to view this
http://nepali.changathi.com/Fonts.aspx


समाजमा  सुगरका  बिमारीहरु  माझ  एउटा  अनौठो  धारणा  पाए I   सकेसम्म  किन  औसधि  खाने,  चाहे  सुगर  जतिसुकै  किन  नहोस I 

नेपालीहरुले  खानपिनमा  कन्ट्रोल  गर्ने  भनेको   त्येस्तै  हो  I  भात  टन्न  खानु  परि  हाल्यो I  खाजामा  मोमो  वा  चाउमिन    भएन  भने  के  नपुग्या  जस्तो  हुन्छ I  अझ  चिउरा र  मासु (खसीको  मासु ) भए  त  झन्  बेस I  दिनमा  दुइ  छाक  टन्न  खायो  अनि  दिनभरी  केहि  नखाए  भयो I   अझ  भातमा  घिउ  थपेर  खान  पाए  कति  मजा  आउंथ्यो I

नेपालीहरुको  खाना  मा  carbohydrate   बढी  हुन्छ  जस्तै  भात I  Diabetes का  बिमारीहरुले  ५० -६०% भन्दा  बढी  carbohydrate खानु  हुँदैन I  भात  खान  नहुने  होइन  तर  मात्रा  मिलाएर  खानु  पर्छ I
नेपालीहरु  धेरै  माछामासु  र  अन्डा  खाने  हुनाले  प्रोटिन  त  पुग्छ I   तर  माछामासु न खानेहरुले  गेडागुडी , दाल , पनीर  आदि  बाट  प्रोटिनको  मात्रा  पुर्याउनु पर्छ I 

अब  आयो  fat को  कुरा I  त्येस्मा  त  नेपालीहरु  अगाडी  नै  छन् I  घिउ   पुरै  बन्द  गर्नुपर्छ I  तेल  मा  sunflower, तोरी  वा  olive तेल  प्रयोग  गर्नु  पर्छ I  तेललाई  घरि  घरि  तताउनु  हानिकारक  हुन्छ I  तेल  र  बोसो  बढी  भएको  खानेकुरा  खानु  भएन I  अन्डाको  पहेलो  भाग  नखाने I  Studies हरुमा  नेपालीहरुको  एक  किसिमको  बोसो  Triglyceride बढी  देखिएको छ I  यदि  Triglyceride ५००  mg/dl भन्दा  बढेको  छैन  भने  यसलाई  औसधि  भन्दा  पनि  जीबन शैली  परिबर्तन  गरेर  घटाउनु पर्छ I   दिनमा  एउटा  फल  खाने  र  सागसब्जी  बढी  खाने  र  सलादहरु  खानु  पर्छ I   वजन  धेरै  छ  भने   exercise  र  खानपिनबाट  वजन  कम  गर्नु पर्छ I 

धेरै  नेपालीहरुले  खानपिनमा  त्यति  ध्यान  दिदैनन I   कोहि  कोहि  चाही  खाना  नै  नखाईकन   सुगर  कन्ट्रोल  गर्न  खोज्छन  जुन  झन्  हानिकारक  हुन्छ I

सुगर  भएका  बिमारीहरुले  खाली  पेट  को  सुगर (FBS) १३०  भन्दा  कम  र  खाना  को  २  घण्टा  पछिको  सुगर (PPBS)  १८०  भन्दा  कम  राख्नु  पर्छ I   यदि  यसो  गर्न  सकिएन  भने  बिस्तारै  आँखाको  पर्दा (Retina) मा  असर  गर्न  सुरु  गर्छ  जसको  बिमारीलाई  थाहै  हुँदैन  र  एकैचोटी  अन्धो  भएपछि  मात्र  उसलाई  थाहा  हुन्छ I  त्येस्तै  शरीरका  धमनीहरुमा  (Blood vessels) बोसो  जम्मा  हुँदै  जान्छ  र  एक  दिन  अचानक  heart attack वा  Paralysis वा  किड्नी  फेल  भएपछि   मात्र  बिमारीले  पत्तो  पाउछ I  यो   सबै  हुन  नदिन  सुगरलाई  राम्रो  कन्ट्रोलमा  राख्नु  पर्दछ I   त्येस्कारण  सुगरका  बिमारीले  खानपिन  र  exercise बाट  माथि  भने  बमोजिमका  FBS र  PPBS  राख्न नसकेमा औसधि सेवन  जरूरी  छ I  सुगरका  औसधिको  side effect धेरै  हुन्छ  भनेर  औसधि  नखाँदा   झन्  धेरै   खतरा  हुन्छ I

8 comments:

  1. if these complications had warning symptoms that would have been better, to make everything worse one does not feel anything when it is starting to involve your organ, esp. your kidneys. Some people do not develop symptoms until they are left with only 5-10% of kidney function when one needs some support for kidneys in form of dialysis or transplant. Mind you kidney involvement in diabetes is reversible if diabetes is better controlled and found as soon as it starts......choice is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true, Dr namrata (Consultant nephrologist currently practising in New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dr Ansu i am really happy, that you have initiated awareness to general people...its great job and i am really happy.I feel from this blog people will able to gather easily... messages as you being qualified Endocrinologist.I also feel we need more alike you in field of diabetes cure.Good luck and best wishes.

      Delete
  4. How should individuals decrease triglycerides (TG)?
    Even if people have not been diagnosed with triglycerides outside the normal range, if they eat too many simple sugars (refined grains, added sugars and alcohol) your triglycerides will increase. Everyone – whether or not they have high triglycerides -- should focus on fiber rich complex carbohydrates, such as vegetables and whole grains, instead of simple sugars. Here are some important lifestyle habits to keep triglycerides low:Its important if you like to be out of diabetes related complications,protect your heart, Kidney and Brain such as stroke.
    1.Lose weight – there is evidence that a 5-10 percent weight loss results in a 20 percent decrease in TG.
    2.Monitor the quality of foods you eat..limits intake of sodium (salt),solid fats (such as full fat dairy products, meat and some tropical oils, such as coconut oil).
    3.The type of carbohydrates that you eat makes a difference...especially fructose raise triglyceride levels(sweets sugar).
    4.Unsaturated fats, especially omega-3’s(it is said as good fat)that are found in fatty fish,sea food,now its easily available in Nepal that lower TG.
    5.Alcohol – Alcohol in high amounts increases triglyceride levels (recommended not more than 18 unit for female and 24 for man (1 unit=1% in 1 liter).
    6.Physical Activity plays an important role in lowering triglycerides....its depends on your work and intake of fat.
    Hope these tips will helps you to prevent your Heart,Kidney and Brain(stroke).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up Dr. Ansu. Here is my article about diet of diabetics. मधुमेह रोगीले के खान हुन्छ, खानु हुदैंन?http://myhealthynepal.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-post_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw ur article, Dr Samir. Very Nice. I appreciate ur effort in raising public awareness.Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts